Donald Trump has been sworn in as president. Here are five key takeaways from the day:
1. Trump pledged in his inaugural address to put America first, vowing, "This American carnage stops right here, and stops right now." He later said: "America will start winning again — winning like never before."
2. Protesters clashed with police in Washington D.C., with about 100 people arrested by mid-afternoon Friday. Demonstrators were also gathering in Philadelphia for anti-Trump rally.
3. Reactions to Trump's remarks from the Philadelphia area ranged from joy to fear to indifference.
4. While Philadelphia's congressional delegation skipped the event, most prominent Democrats did show up. Hillary Clinton, Trump's Democratic rival in the presidential race, was booed when she took her seat for the inauguration.
5. Trump took his first executive actions, including signing a bill that would allow retired Gen. James Mattis as his Defense Secretary.
For a full recap, see the replay of our live blog below: