Boy, 13, extremely critical after being shot in Nicetown take-out restaurant

Officials are looking for help in identifying two men, captured on a security camera, who are suspected in the shooting of a 13-year-old male inside a takeout restaurant in Nicetown.

Philadelphia police were investigating three separate shootings that occurred Friday that left three victims in critical condition, including a 13-year-old boy who was in extremely critical condition, police said Saturday.

The teen, who was targeted by a gunman, was shot in the head at about 10:30 p.m. Friday inside the Gold Fish Chinese take-out restaurant on the 2000 block of Hunting Park Avenue in Nicetown, police said.

Police were examining surveillance video and speaking to witnesses. "You can clearly see the victim sitting with about three of his friends at the table, eating food, when two males walk in," Chief Inspector Scott Small told reporters. "The one male, the shooter, it appears they're having a casual conversation with the victim."

The shooter allegedly put a gun to the victim's head and pulled the trigger, police said. He and his accomplice then fled. The victim, found by officers unresponsive on the floor, was taken to Temple University Hospital. 

Police are asking that anyone with information on the identity and/or whereabouts of the two male suspects contact the Homicide Unit at 215-686-3334. 

In another shooting, at about 11 p.m. Friday, a 24-year-old man was leaving a take-out restaurant on South 60th Street, near Cedar Avenue, in West Philadelphia, when he was shot by a man he didn't know, police said. The victim, who had a gunshot wound in his upper back, was taken by private vehicle to a hospital, where he was in critical condition, police said.

Separately, at about 4:50 p.m. Friday, police responded to a shooting on the 3100 block of Custer Street in Kensington. There, they found a 39-year-old man on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds to his stomach, back, and legs. He was taken by police to Temple University Hospital, where he was in critical condition. 

Police reported no arrests in any of these shootings.