Bill O’Reilly is reportedly getting a lot of money from Fox News

Fox-News-Bill-Oreilly
A worker cleans a sign outside the Fox television studios in New York, where a poster of Bill O'Reilly has been removed.

One day after Fox News announced it was cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, sources are reporting that the embattled host will be leaving the network with a pretty large check.

O’Reilly will walk away from the network with a $25 million settlement, a number first reported by CNN’s Brian Stelter.

Neither 21st Century Fox, the network’s parent company, nor O’Reilly’s attorney Michael Bowe immediately respond to a request to comment.

O’Reilly was fired after his popular show, The O’Reilly Factor, shed advertisers following a New York Times report that revealed millions had been paid to five former Fox New personalities to settle claims of sexual and verbal abuse.

For his part, O’Reilly continues to deny any wrongdoing, issuing a statement on Wednesday noting he was proud of his 20-year career at Fox News.

“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims," O’Reilly said. “But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today.

Over the past two years, 21st Century Fox has paid nearly $100 million to victims and alleged perpetrators of sexual harassment. On top of the $25 million O’Reilly will receive, the network also paid former president Roger Ailes $40 million after multiple accusations of sexual harassment.

In addition to paying $13 million to five O’Reilly accusers, the network also settled with former host Gretchen Carlson for $20 million after she sued Ailes for sexual harassment. As part of Carlson’s settlement, the company was also forced to issue an unusual public apology.

"We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve," 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

This is a breaking news report. Check back for updates.