Health center locaters, emergency contacts, hospital comparison tools and other resources, compiled by The Public's Health:
- HRSA Federally Qualified Health Center locator: Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) provide preventive services and health care regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fees are based on income so that patients pay what they can afford. This website identifies the nearest FQHC given your zip code. It includes:
- Philadelphia City Health Centers: Similar to above (and actually, officially known as “FQHC Look-Alikes”), but operated by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health for city residents.
- Philadelphia Office of Food Protection: Information on food safety policies and complaint procedures for the City.
- DBHIDS Emergency Contacts: Phone numbers for suicide prevention/crisis hotlines and other emergency mental health services.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention: Information about health hazards associated with lead and resources to take action.
- Flu.Gov Vaccine Locator: Identifies where you can get a flu vaccine given your zip code.
- USDHHS Hospital Compare: Uses Medicare data to allow users compare to quality of care delivered at different hospitals.
Is a solid source of data missing from this list? Let us know and we'll look into it.
More resources are at The Public's Health blog.