It's not much of a stretch to say that this was the one race the Jamaican fans craved victory in the most. Today, they finally got it.
The United States carried an 8-0 record into the men's 4x100-meter relay, and it looked for a while like they might stay undefeated.
Then Jamaica took over in the third leg. USA Blue's Shawn Crawford tried to make a charge in the anchor leg, but Jamaica's Dwight Thomas held on for perhaps the country's biggest ever Penn Relays victory.
And now the Jamaican fans are belting out their national anthem, chanting, "Jamaica, WOO!"
The full results:
1. Jamaica, 39.04 (Marvin Anderson, Michael Frater, Nesta Carter, Dwight Thomas)
2. USA Blue, 39.14 (John Capel, Xavier Carter, Michael Rodgers, Shawn Crawford)
3. Trinidad & Tobago, 39.33 (Rondel Sorrillo, Keston Bledman, Jacey Harper, Darrell Brown)
4. USA Red, 39.38 (Leroy Dixon, Wallace Spearman, Doc Patton, Tyson Gay)
5. Canada Red, 39.60 (Hank Palmer, Anson Henry, Jared Connaughton, Brian Barnett)
6. Netherlands Antilles, 39.86 (Geronimo Goeloe, Brian Mariano, Prince Kwidama, Churandy Martina)
7. Great Britain, 39.96 (Simeon Williamson, Mark Findlay, Andy Turner, Tyrone Edgar)
8. Canada White, 40.74 (Charles Allen, Neville Wright, Shannon King, Sam Effah)
DNF. Bahamas (Lavardo Smith, Adrian Griffith, Jamaal Forbes, Jamial Rolle)