Pennsylvania Bio, the trade association representing Pennsylvania’s life science industry, held its annual awards dinner Tuesday night at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, with Infrascan Inc., named as the recipient of the first PA Bio Patient Impact Award.
Infrascan created a noninvasive and portable means of detecting intracranial hematoma, according to Pennsylvania Bio.
Other winners, previously announced, include:
- President’s Service Award: Jennifer Miller, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP.
- Scientific Achievement Award: Amy Jessop, Ph.D., MPH, Assistant Professor of Health Policy and Public Health and Director of HepTREC, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
- Clarkston Scholarship: Alexander Brown, sophomore, Lehigh University.
- Schoemaker Leadership Award: Warren V. “Pete” Musser, longtime chairman and CEO of Safeguard Scientifics.
- Baldino CEO Award: Steve Tullman, CEO of Ceptaris Therapeutics.
- Federal Official of the Year (Senate): Pat Toomey (R-PA).
- Federal Official of the Year (House): Patrick Meehan (PA-07).
- State Public Official of the Year: Rep. Scott Petri (R-178)