If you are looking for a fun and easy DIY project to do with your kids, these homemade catnip toys are the way to go. With just a few household items, your feline-loving children can make cute, creative, and fun playthings that will make the cats go crazy.
To complete this DIY pet project, you will need:
- All white toddler-sized bobby socks, preferably without writing on them
- Cotton batting
- Cellophane (or a bell for noise)
- Different colored yarn
- Non-toxic water based fabric markers
- Organic catnip
Step 1: Fill just the foot of the sock with the batting. You can also add small bunched-up pieces of cellophane for crinkle noise or a bell inside if you’d like.
Step 2: Add about a teaspoon of the catnip and shake well so it gets distributed throughout the batting.
Step 3: Tie off at the foot very tightly with yarn, so that the catnip can’t escape. Leave some long strands for the cat to play with.
Step 4: Personalize your toy with fabric markers. Make it colorful, unique and personal to your own pet.
Step 5: Give to a furry feline friend!
You May Also Like
More From Pet360
- Playful Paws: 14 Pups Prep for the Dog Days of Summer
- Playful Paws: 12 Cats Practicing Energy Conservation
- 8 Dogs Breeds Surprisingly Good With Kids
- 10 Signs That You Like Your Cat More Than People