Get your week started with a quick look at five stories to know about:
1. Gay marriage in N.J.: Today is the first day same-sex couples can legally wed in New Jersey. The first gay weddings in the state took place just after midnight.
2. Society Hill shooting: Police are investigating a rare overnight shooting in the Society Hill section. A man was wounded during an attempted carjacking.
3. New Di Bruno's: The fifth Di Bruno Bros. store opens today in Washington Square West.
4. IACP conference: The annual conference for the International Association of Police Chiefs continues today in Philadelphia, with a speech this morning by U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. Over the weekend, police officials from around the world tested the latest high-tech crime-fighting tools.
5. College applications: A glitch in the online common application system, used by hundreds of colleges nationwide and many in the Philadelphia region, is causing anxiety for students applying to universities this fall.