Hope you all had a good weekend. Get the week started with your quick look at five stories we're following today:
1. N.J. governor's race: It's the last full day of campaigning for Republican N.J. Gov. Chris Christie and Democratic challenger Barbara Buono. Christie is expected to easily win, but both candidates have several events scheduled for today.
2. School counselors: Eighty laid-off counselors are returning to Philadelphia schools today. The counselors were dismissed as part of a massive budget crunch, and 63 remain laid off.
3. LAX gunman's motive: The 23-year-old South Jersey man charged in last week's deadly shooting at Los Angeles International Airport told police he acted alone in the shooting. But it remains unclear why Paul Ciancia targeted Transportation Security Administration Officers, though a handwritten letter made clear he intended to try to kill TSA personnel.
4. Cold weather: Winter weather is on the brink in the Philadelphia area, with sub-freezing temperatures recorded in a number of places around the region this morning. The high in Philadelphia today is expected to remain in the 40s -- the first time that's happened since April 3.
5. Foles' record: Eagles quarterback Nick Foles tied an NFL record Sunday, throwing seven touchdowns during the team's 49-20 win over the Oakland Raiders.