FILE - In this Oct. 26, 2013, file photo, Louisville defensive end Marcus Smith (91) sacks South Florida quarterback Bobby Eveld (13) during the first quarter of an NCAA college football game in Tampa, Fla. Smith was selected in the first round, 26th overall, by the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL draft on Thursday, May 8, 2014. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File)
Here's your look at five stories to know about before the weekend:
1. NFL draft: The NFL draft continues today, after the Eagles picked Marcus Smith, an outside linebacker from Louisville, in Thursday's first round. Follow along with Philly.com's complete draft coverage.
2. Convention Center labor: Workers from the Carpenters and Teamsters unions may no longer be working at the Pennsylvania Convention Center after this weekend, if the unions can't reach new agreements with the center's management.
3. Cheating scandal: Five educators are facing charges related to cheating on standardized tests at Philadelphia's Cayuga Elementary School.
4. Dad Vail: The Dad Vail Regatta, the largest intercollegiate rowing competition in the country, takes place today and Saturday on the Schuylkill River. Drexel's teams are among the favorites, and post-flooding clean-up along the river has been completed in time for the meet.
5. Philly parks: Philadelphia's annual Love Your Park Week kicks off Saturday. The eight-day occasion celebrates the city's 10,000 acres of parks with events that include clean-ups, music, classes and picnics.