The four Democratic candidates vying for the nomination to run against incumbent Gov. Tom Corbett participate in a public forum sponsored by radio station WURD, The Philadelphia Tribune, Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists and Philadelphia Community Leaders May 12, 2014. Here. Rob McCord speaks as Kathleen McGinty, Allyson Schwartz and Tom Wolf listen. ( CLEM MURRAY / Staff Photographer )
Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Pa. primary: Today is the last full day of campaigning before Pennsylvania's primary election. It's up for debate whether the contested primary will hurt or help Democrats in the gubernatorial race. Beyond the candidates for governor, voters will make decisions on a number of other races and ballot questions on Tuesday.
2. Traffic Court trial: The trial for six former judges on Philadelphia's Traffic Court and two businessmen over an alleged widespread ticket-fixing scandal begins this morning in federal court.
3. Bike to Work Day: Today is Bike to Work Day in Philadelphia. The event was rescheduled after Friday's rainstorm.
4. Housing for vets: A new program providing temporary housing to homeless veterans opens today in Camden County.
5. L&I input: An advisory commission studying the city's Department of Licenses and Inspections is seeking information from the public, and is launching a website to help gather public input. The site, phila.gov/specialadvisory, is set to go live at noon today.