Here's your daily look at five stories to know about today:
1. TEDxPhiladelphia: The day-long TEDxPhiladelphia conference takes place today at Temple University's Performing Arts Center. The sold-out event will be livestreamed at a number of venues, including Philly.com and the Project Liberty Digital Incubator. About 20 people are slated to speak at the conference.
2. Christie in Vegas: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is traveling to Las Vegas this weekend to address the Republican Jewish Coalition. Christie is among several potential 2016 presidential candidates who will address the lobbying group that has a number of mega-donors in its ranks.
3. Charter for foster students: The Philadelphia School Reform Commission is scheduled to hold a hearing today about closing Arise Academy Charter High School in West Oak Lane, the first charter school in the country for students in foster care.
4. Verdict on toddler's death?: A Philadelphia jury is set to resume its deliberations today in the trial of Joseph Zysk, accused of killing his girlfriend's 3-year-old son.
5. More info on pipelines: Beginning today, Chester County will include information from the nonprofit Pipeline Safety Coalition on its sustainability website (chescopagreen.org), an attempt to improve information-sharing about pipeline developments among residents, governments and the energy industry.