Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. N.J. pension payments: A court hearing is set for today about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's proposal to scrap pension payments in order to balance the state's budget. Meanwhile, Christie is expected to make his case for pension reform during a town hall in Camden County.
2. School grants: The Philadelphia School Partnership is scheduled to announce three grants -- totaling $343,600 -- today that will go to two Catholic elementary schools that serve largely low-income students and have struggled to keep up enrollment, as well as a top charter school that hopes to expand.
3. Bridge probe: New Jersey Gov. Christie is reportedly facing an investigation over another bridge, this time concerning whether $1.8 billion to repair the Pulaski Skyway was misrepresented in bond documents.
4. 3D mammography: A study being published today in the Journal of American Medical Association finds that adding 3D breast imaging, a new x-ray technology, to mammograms, improves cancer detection and lessens false alarms. The national study involved two Philadelphia medical centers.
5. Coastal building: A public hearing will be held tonight about the New Jersey Environmental Protection Department's proposed new rules for development along the shore and other waterways in the state.