Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Plane crash: Officials in Ukraine say 181 bodies have been recovered thus far at the site where a Malaysia Airlines flight was shot down on Thursday. Rebels who control the area say they have recovered its black boxes, and are deciding what to do with them. A surface-to-air missile brought the plane down, U.S. officials say.
2. Strawberry Mansion deaths: Police say it remains unknown how an elderly couple in Strawberry Mansion died, but autopsy results are possible as early as today and could yield more information. Officials have called the deaths of 66-year-old Agladys Perry and her husband, 79-year-old Rufus Perry, "suspicious."
3. Meek Mill's jail time: Attorneys for jailed rapper Meek Mill are arguing that his term behind bars is unconstitutional and are seeking to have him released. In a petition filed Thursday, the lawyers ask for a hearing on the matter within three days.
4. Teacher's sentencing: A former teacher and councilman in Camden County is scheduled to be sentenced today for having inappropriate sexual communications with 17 students. Prosecutors are seeking a 15-year prison sentence for Charles Reilly.
5. Conflict in Gaza: Israeli troops are pushing further into Gaza, and the country's prime minister says its ready to expand its offensive.