Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Casino hearings: Today is the final day of suitability hearings for the groups vying to get Philadelphia's second casino license. Live! Hotel & Casino will make its case this morning, following the Tuesday and Wednesday presentations from Hollywood Casino, the Provence, Market8 and Casino Revolution.
2. CAPA musical: A parents group at the High School for Creative and Performing Arts is about $6,000 short of the funds it needs to put on a student-run musical this year. If the money isn't raised before the Friday deadline, Philadelphia's premier high school will go a second consecutive year without its main performance.
3. Horse-racing funds: A Montgomery County lawmaker is proposing using money that now goes to the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development Fund to increase state funding to some school districts.
4. Warehouse inspections: Philadelphia Councilman Denny O'Brien will introduce a bill today to beef up inspections of vacant warehouses.
5. Tire-slasher trial: The trial for David Toledo, accused in a series of Mayfair tire-slashings, continues today.