Here's your look at five stories to know about before the weekend:
1. Iraq airstrikes: President Obama has approved U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq, creating the potential for new American involvement in the sectarian conflict.
2. Pennypack Park killing reward: The reward for information about the killer of Constance Murray, a Northeast Philadelphia mother strangled to death while running in Pennypack Park, has increased to $35,000.
3. Suicide-pact murder hearing: A hearing is scheduled for today for 30-year-old Gus Yiambilis, who is charged with murder in the carbon-dioxide death of his mother, 59-year-old Karen Yiambilis. The two had a pact to commit suicide, and Gus Yiambilis' attorney is trying to convince a judge to drop the unusual murder charge.
4. Top anglers: The best bass anglers in the country are competing on the Delaware River in the Bassmaster Elite competition. The contest, in which $100,000 in prize money is up for grabs, runs through Sunday.
5. Taney Dragons: The Center City Little League team Taney Dragons will play in the Mid-Atlantic Regional semi-finals this morning, and the game will be televised on ESPN. If the team wins, the 12- and 13-year-old players will compete in the regional final on Sunday for a chance to make it to the Little League World Series.