Here's your look at five stories we're following:
1. Taney's homecoming: The Taney Dragons arrived back in Philadelphia on Sunday to a welcome-home rally at LOVE Park following the Little League World Series. Today, they're appearing on the Today show in New York City. The team, fan favorites in the series, also has other media appearances on tap and will be honored at the Phillies game on Wednesday.
2. Abduction trial: Opening statements are expected to take place today at the trial for Christina Regusters, accused of abducting a 5-year-old girl from her West Philadelphia school, sexually assaulting the kindergartner and leaving her barely clothed at an Upper Darby playground.
3. Coatesville schools: Students in the Coatesville Area School District are returning to class today as the school system tries to recover from the tumultuous 2013-2014 school year, when hundreds of racist and sexist text messages between the district's superintendent and athletic director surfaced. Still, the district has some defenders, and increased engagement from parents and activists may be one upside from the scandal.
4. Michael Brown funeral: The funeral for Michael Brown, the Ferguson teenager whose shooting death by a police officer has sparked more than two weeks of protests in the St. Louis suburb, is slated to take place today.
5. School food in N.J.: New Jersey Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno is slated to sign five bills today that aim to boost the state's Farm-to-School program, which sends local produce to schools.