Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Fort Hood shooting: A soldier opened fire at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, killing three people and wounding 16 others before turning the gun on himself at the same facility where a 2009 attack left more than a dozen people dead.
2. SEPTA negotiations: SEPTA will resume negotiations with its largest union today at Transport Workers Union Local 234's headquarters. The last of the transit agency's contracts with its unionized employees expires Sunday. TWU leader Willie Brown says he wants to avoid a strike, but a union executive board has scheduled an "emergency strike meeting" for this evening.
3. Haddon Twp. chickens: Haddon Township's planning and zoning board is scheduled to weigh whether residents should be able to keep up to six chickens for noncommercial purposes in their backyards.
4. PECO open house: PECO is holding an open house this evening in Horsham Township to discuss the utility's response to a February ice storm that left nearly 1 million Philadelphia-area residents without power, some for many days.
5. Pa. governor's race: A new poll shows York businessman Tom Wolf maintaining a large lead in Pennsylvania's Democratic primary race for governor.