We’re in the thick of annual shareholder meeting season.
I counted 62 meetings in May involving companies either based in the Philadelphia area or with significant operations here. Here are some of the more notable shareholder get-togethers for the rest of this week:
- Penn Virginia Corp., the natural gas and oil exploration and production company, will amble down the road from its Radnor headquarters for its meeting at the Radnor Hotel, 591 E. Lancaster Ave., Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- United Parcel Service Inc. delivers its state of the mailroom address at the Hotel du Pont, 11th & Market streets, Wilmington, Thursday at 8 a.m.
- Sunoco Inc. will refine its message at the Moore College of Art & Design at 20th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- American Water Works Co. Inc. will gush about its recent year at the Wyndham Hotel, 1111 Route 73 North, Mount Laurel, on Friday at 10 a.m.
- Finally, Abington Bancorp Inc. shareholders will gather for the last time at the Huntingdon Valley Country Club on Friday at 10 a.m. to approve the acquisition of the $1.17 billion-asset bank holding company by Susquehanna Bancshares Inc.