Saint Joseph’s junior guard Carl Jones has been named Atlantic 10 Conference player of the week.
Jones led the Hawks to a third-place finish at the Charleston Classic with victories over Georgia Tech and Tulsa. Jones averaged 26 points per game and was named to the all-tourney team.
Jones also was honored by the Big 5 as the co-player of the week along with Temple’s Ramone Moore.
Moore averaged 20 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3 assists as the Owls went 3-1. Moore was named to the all-tournament team at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off as the Owls finished third.
On the Big 5 men’s honor roll are:
• La Salle sophomore guard Tyreek Duren, who averaged 23.5 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists in a 1-1 week for the Explorers. He scored a career-high 24 points in an overtime loss to Villanova.
• Penn senior guard Zack Rosen, who scored 27 points and hit seven three-pointers against Temple.
• Villanova junior guard Maalik Wayns scored 22 points and had 9 rebounds in an overtime win over La Salle. Wayns also scored 21 points against Delaware.
Penn sophomore guard Alyssa Baron was named Big 5 women’s player of the week. Baron scored 30 points in the Quakers’ 66-57 win over Rider.
On the Big 5 women’s honor roll are:
• Temple senior guard Kristen McCarthy, who scored 16 points in a win at Northeastern. She also scored 14 point in a loss at Ohio State. She had 11 points and a career-high 12 rebounds in a loss at Northern Illinois.
• La Salle junior guard Alexis Scott, who averaged 17.5 points and 3 rebounds in two games.
• Saint Joseph’s senior forward Kelly Cavallo, who averaged 12 points and 11.5 rebounds and was named to the TD Bank Classic all-tourney team.