Saint Joseph’s sophomore forward Halil Kanacevic has been named Big 5 player of the week. Kanacevic has a career-high 18 points and 15 rebounds in the Hawks’ win over La Salle. He averaged 11 points and 12 rebounds in a 2-0 week for the Hawks.
On the Big 5 men’s honor roll are:
• Temple senior guard Ramone Moore, who averaged 23.5 points as the Owls were 2-0. Moore is the leading scorer in the Atlantic 10.
• La Salle sophomore guard Tyreek Duren, who averaged 15.5 points and four assists as the Explorers were 1-1.
• Penn senior forward Rob Belcore, who had 17 points aand 10 rebounds in a win at Brown. He had 11 points, nine rebounds and six assists in a loss at Yale.
Temple senior guard Shey Peddy has been named Big 5 women’s player of the week and Atlantic 10 women’s player of the week. Peddy averaged 23.5 points, 7.5 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in a 2-0 week. She scored 26 points and was 10-for-10 from the line in a Temple win over Saint Joseph’s.
On the women’s honor roll are:
• Villanova freshman forward Lauren Burford, who scored 17 points each in wins over Seton Hall and Providence. She shot 10-for-13 on three pointers.
• Saint Joseph’s senior guard Michelle Baker, who scored her 1,000th career point. She is the 21st Hawk to reach that milestone.
• La Salle senior guard Nadia Duncan, who averaged 14.5 points and five rebounds as the Explorers won two A-10 games.