Drexel will play Kent State in an ESPN BracketBusters game on Friday, Feb. 18 at 9 p.m. at the Daskalakis Athletic Center. The game can be seen live on ESPNU.
The Dragons are 14-7 and 6-5 in the Colonial Athletic Association. Kent State is 14-7 and 5-2 in the Mid-American Conference.
The Drexel-Kent State game was one of 11 games selected to be televised. Five Colonial Athletic Association schools were picked for televised games, the most of any conference participating in BracketBusters.
Penn senior forward Jack Eggleston has been named Big 5 Player of the Week.
He scored 25 points and had 12 rebounds to help the Quakers beat Brown in overtime and he scored 13 points and had eight rebounds in a win over Yale.
On the men's honor roll are:
* La Salle sophomore center Aaric Murray, who had his fifth double-double of the season with 19 points and 14 rebounds in a Big 5 win over Saint Joseph’s. He also had 16 points and nine rebounds in a win over Charlotte.
* Saint Joseph's freshman Ronald Roberts, who averaged 14.5 points and four rebounds in two games off the bench.
* Temple senior forward Lavoy Allen, who averaged 15 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 2.0 blocks in a 2-0 week for the Owls. He shot 77.8 percent from the field in the two games.
Temple junior guard Shea Peddy was named the Big 5 Women’s Player of the Week. Peddy averaged 15.5 points per game in two wins for the Owls. She scored 19 points and had a career-high eight against UMass and had 12 points and a season-high nine assists against Richmond.
On the women's honor roll are:
* Penn freshman guard Alyssa Baron, who had a game-high 16 points in a loss to Yale. She had a game-high 13 points in a decisive win over Brown. Baron averaged 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 steals and 2.5 assists during the week.
* Saint Joseph's freshman guard Erin Shields, who averaged a team-best 14 points and 4.5 assists.
* La Salle senior forward Ashley Gale, who scored a career-high 26 points to go along with four steals and four blocks in a win over George Washington. She scored 15 points and had four assists against Dayton.
Drexel freshman forward Dartaye Ruffin was named the Colonial Athletic Association Rookie of the Week on Monday, the fourth time this season he has won the award.
The 6-8 forward averaged 10.0 points and 9.7 rebounds as the Dragons won two of three games. Ruffin is Drexel's fisrt big man off the bench. He is fourth on the team in scoring (7.2 points) and 10th in the CAA in rebounding (6.9 rebounds).