Villanova junior guard Maalik Wayns and Penn senior guard Tyler Bernardini have been named Big 5 co-players of the week.
Wayns scored 25 points and had seven assists in a win over Seton Hall and had 28 points in a win at St. John’s. Bernardini scored 24 points and had six rebounds in the Quakers’ win over Saint Joseph’s.
On the men’s honor roll:
• Temple junior guard Khalif Wyatt, who averaged 16 points, 5.5 assists and 3.5 rebounds as the Owls went 2-0, including a win over Maryland.
• La Salle sophomore guard Tyreek Duren, who averaged 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 3.5 assists as the Explorers went 1-1. Duren also was named Atlantic 10 co-player of the week, along with Dayton’s Matt Kavanaugh.
• Saint Joseph’s sophomore guard Langston Galloway, who scored a career-high 32 points in a loss to Penn.
Temple senior forward Shey Peddy was named Big 5 women’s player of the week. Peddy scored 22 points and had 11 rebounds in a win over Duquesne. Peddy scored 15 and had a game-high six steals in a win over Penn.
On the women’s honor roll:
• Villanova junior forward Laura Sweeney, who averaged 16 points and eight rebounds. In a win over Penn that clinched the Big 5 title, Sweeney scored a game-high 22 points and had 12 rebounds.
• La Salle freshman forward Jada Payne, who scored 18 points against Charlotte and had 24 points against Richmond, both career highs.
• Saint Joseph’s senior center Samira van Grinsven, who averaged 12 points and 5.5 rebounds in two Hawks wins.