The forecast looks like unemployment for John Bolaris.
The Fox 29 meteorologist had been suspended since Dec. 22 but this afternoon a Fox spokeswoman confirmed that, “We mutually agreed that it was time to part ways.” She declined further comment on the parting.
We reported Dec. 23 Bolaris was suspended indefinitely just days after Playboy magazine published an article about his being drugged and scammed by two European hotties in Miami Beach in March 2010, a story first reported by the Daily News last year.
In the Playboy story Bolaris is quoted saying he went with the women because "I'm a guy. There was the thought I might get laid," and discusses his reputation as a ladies man. He also shares nude photos of women on his cell phone with writer Pat Jordan.
Station sources told us Fox 29 management is upset at how the weatherman comes off in the story, which is the latest occasion in which he has upset management, and clashed specifically with GM Patrick Paolini.
Several months ago, sources say, Bolaris came to work, then announced he was sick and went home after arguing with management, which did not want him to interview his friend Lenny Dykstra. Bolaris had offered an exclusive interview with the disgraced baseball star.
Sources close to Bolaris say the station had accused him in May of leaking the Miami story to the Daily News and that management was upset that he was participating in the Playboy profile about his Miami saga.
Discussions between Fox management and Bolaris’ agent Richard Leibner have taken place since his suspension. Sources close to Bolaris said he very much wanted to get back on the air. Bolaris declined to comment this afternoon and referred us to Leibner who echoed the kumbaya statement from Fox 29 that the parties had mutually agreed to part ways. We asked Leibner whether that means Fox paid out Bolaris through his contract that ran until 2014 and he said in 50 years as an agent he has "Never talked about contractual terms."
Bolaris reported for work Dec. 22 only to learn he was suspended. He has not been on-air since though commercials in which he was featured continued to air. Last Thursday, a Fox 29 employee emailed the Daily News asking to remove Bolaris’ photo from the Fox weather forecasts on Page 2 of the Daily News.
This story has been updated.