I'm not going to predict what is going to happen in these final six games, but after some interesting events in yesterday's 5-2 victory over the Marlins, you have to wonder:
- Greg Dobbs gets a cramp in his right calf with the bases loaded and two outs in the seventh.
- Charlie Manuel debates whether to have Pedro Feliz take Dobbs' spot in the lineup, or have him hit ninth for the pitcher. He has him hit in Dobbs' spot as Feliz takes the field.
- Clay Condrey, replacing J.C. Romero, who replaced Chad Durbin, get Cody Ross to hit a ground ball to Feliz, who throws to second for the force to end the inning and preserve a one-run lead.
- Shane Victorino leads off the eighth with a single.
- Manuel puts the bunt on for Feliz.
- Feliz takes the first pitch for a ball.
- Manuel takes off the bunt.
- Feliz goes yard to kill the Marlins' momentum and win the game.
I'm not sayin' that means anything, but I'm just sayin' ... ifyouknowwhatimsayin'. The Phillies have a 1 1/2 game lead over the Mets with six to play.
Jim Salisbury talks about how the difference in the NL East could be a tale of two bullpens: a pretty good one in Philly and a wretched one in New York.
In the Phillies Notebook: Jamie Moyer is one win from making more history, Brad Lidge's historic run and more.
Gotta hop on the flight back to Philly.