A few quick notes before I skedaddle to the airport for a flight home. . .
1) Charlie Manuel said the Phillies would not make a roster move before tomorrow night's game, but could make one before Saturday's game. Facing righthander A.J. Burnett tomorrow, either Matt Stairs or Greg Dobbs will DH. But because of games against lefties Andy Pettitte and C.C. Sabathia Saturday and Sunday, the team could call up a right-handed bat from the minor leagues and send down one of the extra relievers they are currently carrying on the roster.
2) Raul Ibanez hit his 15th home run of the season, Chase Utley hit his 11th, and Jimmy Rollins went 4-for-6 to improve his batting average to .234.
3) Rollins has hit safely and scored a run in nine of his last 10 games, during which time the Phillies are 7-3.
4) Sergio Escalona continues to impress: he tossed a scoreless ninth inning today.
5) Chan Ho Park made his first relief appearance, pitching a scoreless eighth inning.
6) Manuel was complimentary of Joe Blanton's pitching performance, despite the five-spot he allowed in the fifth. Three of those runs came courtesy of one bad pitch, a hanging slider with two-out in the fifth inning that Brandon Phillips crushed for a three-run home run.
7) Blanton said the one area of his game he is dissatisfied with is his performance with runners on base. Heading into today, the opposing hitters were batting under .200 against him with the bases empty, and .338 against him with runners on.