Have plans tonight? Don't feel like sticking around for the entire game? Try pitching against the Phillies. Last night, Mike Minor became the seventh straight starting pitcher to last fewer than five innings against the Phillies.
That ties the major-league for record consecutive early KOs of starters set by the New York Giants in July 1949 and matched by the Phillies in September 2006.
As you might remember, it hasn't exactly been a Dean's List of hurlers:
- Minor: 2 1/3 innings, 3 earned runs, 73 pitches
- Brandon Beachy: 4 1/3 innings, 1 earned run, 82 pitches
- Yunesky Maya: 4 2/3 innings, 3 earned runs, 90 pitches
- Jordan Zimmermann: 3 innings, 5 earned runs, 76 pitches
- Jason Marquis: 1/3 inning, 6 earned runs, 38 pitches
- Jorge Sosa: 2 1/3 innings, 4 earned runs, 68 pitches
- Adalberto MEndez: 4 1/3 innings, 2 earned runs, 85 pitches
During this current stretch, the Phillies have scored 24 earned runs in 21 1/3 innings against opposing starters.