My game story has been written for about two hours now, so as the abomination at Busch Stadium winds down, I figure i'll get something up on the blog.
There has to be a better verb than beat, but since I'm tying fast, I'll use it. The Phillies beat the Cardinals tonight 20-2.
In the process:
1) They tied a season-high in runs.
2) They posted at least 20 runs in a game twice in a season for the first time since 1900.
3) They set a season high with 21 hits.
4) Ten of the 12 Phillies batters hit safetly.
5) 11 of the 12 scored runs
6) Ryan Howard hit his 16th and 17th home runs of the season and is also now in the Top 5 in the NL in RBIs.
7) The Phillies scored just nine runs while losing two out of three to the Marlins.