- You've probably seen the video of Tara, the hero cat that saved a little boy from a dog attack.
But what you've never seen is a hero cat throwing out the first pitch of a baseball game, which Tara will do for the Bakersfield Blaze.
- It was a bold choice, for the Cubs to celebrate Comiskey Park during a celebration of Wrigley Field.
- Another bold choice for the Cubs: trying to field the ball without seeing it.
- If MLB were to expand to two more cities, where would you put them? The Sporting News says Las Vegas and Montreal. Say, why not bring baseball back to Louisville!
Stunningly weird Louisville Colonels logo from 1950, feeding the Red Sox tiny ballplayers.pic.twitter.com/bFtTfZlm9y
— Todd Radom (@ToddRadom) May 16, 2014
- This gift to Derek Jeter is widely considered not a massive screw-up. Good on you, Mets.
Jeff Wilpon presents a piece of art made of Subway tiles to Jeter. Also a check for $22,222.22 for his foundation. pic.twitter.com/KhsT49IVVk
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) May 15, 2014
- With Jose Fernandez sidelined with Tommy John, Carlos Gomez of the Brewers is your new most fun MLB player.
- Look, if Jack Nicholson wants to talk to a child, he'll talk with a child. Not today, though.
- NHL player T.J. wants to be in the next Madden game, and he's got a video tryout to do it. Yes, apparently all non-NFL players can do that?
- We close with a nice, relaxing celebration of a soccer goal by Brazilians wielding AR-47s.