The Wheelhouse, where we dump a pile of hot links on you and then leave.
- The Flyers aren't going any further in the playoffs, which really brings out the optimists.
The Sixers have won a postseason series more recently than the Flyers.
— Kevin (@ihearthalladay) May 1, 2014
- Those who survive off the manufactured, real, or imagined outrage of Philadelphia sports fans are rejoicing today.
underdogs, lost by G7 goal, but RT @WIPMorningShow: “more angry calls from Flyers fan today than any day I’ve ever done this show.” -Angelo
— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) May 1, 2014
- This Rangers fan won a car between periods, too, proving that all the right people came out on top last night. Woooooo
- Oh, also.
And that was when Ilya Bryzgalov led the Wild through nineteen overtimes, making 300 saves in the most famous game in hockey history.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) May 1, 2014
- The Eagles may not want Johnny Manziel, but Jon Gruden sure does. If only he worked for a team.
- Peyton Manning can sing, proving that some men have all the gifts.
- Looks like the Diamondbacks are finally going to lighten up, or perhaps pull off an art heist the likes of which the world has never seen. Stay tuned.
- I know it's the playoffs. But, okay, let's... let's all just take a step back and relax, for a second.
— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) May 1, 2014
- Whoa-oh, that's not a pitcher on the mound out there, so you know something wacky is going on! Oh man, baseball is crazy!
- Toddlerball season opened in Cincinnati yesterday.
- Joe Maddon wishes for you to take your selfie elsewhere.
- Magic Johnson wishes for Mike D'antoni to take himself elsewhere.
- Many children danced at a minor league baseball game, where a fielder approaching a sprinkler inadvertently set it off, delaying the game for almost 20 minutes. Analysts agree this drops said sprinkler down signficantly in the groundskeeping power rankings.