Here are our roster picks of the week:
Doug Fister, SP, Mariners - Fister sure looks like he's for real this year, with a WHIP under 1.00 and an ERA under 2.00. The biggest concern here is that the Mariners won't score enough runs behind him.
Randy Wolf, SP, Brewers - Sorry, Wolf Pack, but the soft-tossing lefty just isn't getting hitters out this year. All of his stats are way down from last year, which is looking more and more like a fluke.
Justin Morneau - If it's possible for someone to quietly get on base in half of his at-bats with a slugging percentage of over .700, Morneau is doing it. Joe Mauer gets the attention and has a shiny new contract, but Morneau is the best hitter on the Twins - and in the American League.
Kevin Youkilis, 1B, Red Sox - Youkilis is in a very strange situation. His great year is being completely overshadowed by a teammate, but not in the usual way: Youkilis' stats are being overlooked because everyone is so focused on David Ortiz' struggles.
Jayson Werth, OF, Phillies - He can hit the ball a long, long way.
Andrea Ethier, OF, Dodgers - The only thing that could slow down Ethier's monster year was a broken finger.
Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Cubs - Ramirez was an early-round pick in many leagues, but so far has done little for his owners, hitting well under .200 with only 4 HRs. We have to wonder if there's more wrong with his hand than the Cubs are letting on.
Victor Martinez, C/1B, Red Sox - Martinez is playing for a new contract, but has yet to start hitting - and let's just say that his value doesn't come from his defense.
Below are our Week 5 Power Rankings. Each week we take a look around the league and list the top 10 players filling up the stat sheets for their fantasy owners. We also rank the top free agents to help you fill the holes on your roster.
1. Evan Longoria, 3B, Rays - 9 HR, 38 RBI, .319 AVG, 7 SB
2. Justin Morneau, 1B, Twins - .377 AVG, 11 HR, 33 RBI, 33 BB
3. Ubaldo Jimenez, SP, Rockies - 8 W, 0.99 ERA, 58 K
4. Vladmir Guerrero, Utility, Rangers - .341 AVG, 10 HR, 37 RBI
5. Ryan Braun, OF, Brewers - .325 AVG, 7 HR, 34 R, 9 SB
6. Joey Votto, 1B, Reds - .313 AVG, 10 HR, 32 RBI, 6 SB
7. Tim Lincecum, SP, Giants - 5 W, 2.35 ERA, 75 K, 1.03 WHIP
8. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Tigers - .333 AVG, 9 HR, 38 RBI, 28 R
9. Robinson Cano, 2B, Yankees - .337 AVG, 9 HR, 31 R, 28 RBI
10. Jayson Werth, OF, Phillies - .322 AVG, 9 HR, 33 RBI, 1.043 OPS
Free Agent Power Rankings
1. Jose Guillen, OF, Royals - 11 HR, 31 RBI, 27 R
2. Adam LaRoche, 1B, Diamondbacks - .289 AVG, 7 HR, 32 RBI
3. Brennan Boesch, OF, Tigers - .352 AVG, 4 HR, 22 RBI
4. Jonny Gomes, OF, Reds - .292 AVG, 6 HR, 27 RBI
5. Livan Hernandez, SP, Nationals - 4 W, 1 SHO, 1.62 ERA, 1.04 WHIP
6. Austin Jackson, OF, Tigers - .337 AVG, 31 R, 6 SB
7. Kosuke Fukudome, OF, Cubs - .306 AVG, 6 HR, 21 RBI
8. Scott Rolen, 3B, Reds - 8 HR, 24 RBI, .278 AVG
9. Orlando Hudson, 2B, Twins - .298 AVG, 31 R, 50 H
10. Tyler Clippard, RP, Nationals - 7 W, 2.15 ERA, 1.16 WHIP
How's your team doing? Let us know in the comments section below.