Here are our roster picks of the week:
Add - Kosuke Fukudome, OF, Cubs - He was number eight on our free agent rankings last week and then came out and played like one of the best players in the league. Fukudome hit .476 last week with 3 HR, 8 RBI, and 9 walks. His OPS? A mere 1.244. And he is only owned in 39 percent of Yahoo leagues.
Drop - Trevor Hoffman, RP, Brewers - After starting the season on top, Hoffman has blown two saves and picked up a loss in his last three appearances. He has as many blown saves (4) as he does saves, leaving many to wonder what he has left in the tank.
Mark Teixeira, 1B, Yankees - After having just 11 hits through the first month of the season, the Yankees' first baseman has six hits in the first two days of May. He has raised his average from .136 to .189 already this month.
Josh Johnson, SP, Marlins - Johnson, who started the season 0-1, has delivered a quality start in his last three outings. He is 2-0 with a 2.14 ERA and 24 K. Since his first outing of the season, he has lowered his ERA each week, taking it from 7.20 to 3.19.
Shane Victorino, CF, Phillies - Victorino struggled slightly adjusting to the leadoff role, but in the last two series' (Giants, Mets), he is batting .321 with two home runs, 7 RBI, and 5 runs scored. He leads the Phillies with 22 RBI.
Matt Kemp, OF, Dodgers - Granted, Kemp has 7 HR, 20 runs, and 20 RBI this season, but since April 23, his average has dropped from .333 to .280. In that time, Kemp has only one extra-base hit and has failed to hit a home run or pick up an RBI.
Placido Polanco, 3B, Phillies - Before Sunday night's game against the Mets (3-5, HR), Polanco was struggling for the Phillies. Since April 21, Polanco's average has dropped from .397 to .283. He had three hits in the last nine games before Sunday's rout of the Mets.
Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees - Don't panic, A-Rod owners, I'm not suggesting you drop Rodriguez. However, he did struggle last week. He was 3-25 at the plate, with no home runs or runs scored. But it gets worse. Rodriguez missed Sunday's game with a muscle-related injury.
And now for our power rankings (stats through Sunday):
1. Ryan Braun (MIL, OF) - 5 HR, 20 RBI, 19 R, .361 AVG, 6 SB
2. Robinson Cano (NYY, 2B) - .382 AVG, 8 HR, 18 RBI, 21 R
3. Miguel Cabrera (DET, 1B) - .343 AVG, 5 HR, 26 RBI. 16R
4. Vernon Wells (TOR, OF) - 8 HR, 18 RBI, 20 R, .323 AVG
5. Roy Halladay (PHI, SP) - 5 W, 49 IP, 3 CG (2 SHO), 1.47 ERA, 39 K
6. Paul Konerko (CHW, 1B) - 11 HR, 21 RBI, 1.182 OPS
7. Albert Pujols (STL, 1B) - 7 HR, 21 RBI, 15 BB, 1.094 OPS
8. Tim Lincecum (SF, SP) - 4 W, 43 IP, 0.82 ERA, 43 K
9. Justin Morneau (MIN, 1B) - .350 AVG, 6 HR, 18 RBI, 19 R, 1.148 OPS
10. Matt Capps (WAS, RP) - 10 SV, 0.68 ERA
Free Agent Power Rankings
1. Kosuke Fukudome (CHC, OF) - 5 HR, 17 RBI, 13 R
2. Brett Gardner (NYY, OF) - 11 SB, .340 AVG, 12 R
3. Livan Hernandze (WAS, SP) - 31 IP, 3 W, 0.87 ERA
4. Austin Jackson (DET, OF) - .356 AVG, 21 R, 5 SB
5. Joel Zumaya (DET, P) - 2 W, 14.2 IP, 16 K, 1.23 ERA
6. Mike Leake (CIN, SP) - 2 W, 27.2 IP, 18 K, 3.25 ERA
7. Mitch Talbot (CLE, P) - 3 W, 26.1 IP, 1 CG, 2.05 ERA
8. Rod Barajas (NYM, C) - 5 HR, 11 RBI
9. Doug Fister (SEA, SP) - 2 W, 1.67 ERA, 27 IP
10. Alberta Callaskpo (KC, 2B, 3B) - .301 AVG, 4 HR, 16 RBI