- Finally, finally, we can start discussing the NFL Draft. I've got all these thoughts, inflating my brain like a balloon full of hot gas, but as we all know, all talk of the Draft must be held in until this week. So get ready for a solid week of analysts and fans releasing steamy bursts of draft breakdowns.
Draft Week. Finally.
— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) May 5, 2014
Or perhaps Draft Week is the sequel to Draft Day, in which am embattled Kevin Costner has to keep the Browns relevant for seven straight days.
- Nolan Arrenado of the Rockies has a 24-game hit streak and oh yeah he can do stuff like this.
- Don't worry, Ian Kinsler, the same thing happened to me when I was in Little League. Only I was trying to talk to a girl in the stands. And she wasn't talking back to me.
- Phillies starting pitching: Look, we're pulling off wins, okay?
Roberto Hernandez has thrown 17 pitches so far. Just five for strikes.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) May 4, 2014
- I'm no hockey mastermind but I've always been told that "goals" were a pretty critical facet of the game.
- Monta Ellis of the Mavericks is having a pretty good playoff serieooooooohhh yeah, right there. You got it.
- Currently being debated of Reddit is each NFL team's most iconic images. For the Eagles, you may choose between Chuck Bednarik setting up a crime scene around Frank Gifford or LeSean McCoy frolicking in the snow. The Bengals were not as lucky.
- Jeffrey Lurie is the #2 ranked NFL owner according to this list. Also according to the list: Chip Kelly is the next Bill Belichik.
- Meanwhile, according to former players Franco Harris, the running back position barely exists anymore, which is odd, given the fact that Shady is not a factor of our imagination, which we know by checking every few minutes.
- Nationals GM Mike Rizzo is just another one of those incredibly comfortable-looking front office guys on camera.
Cigar Aficionado has a feature story about Mike Rizzo. pic.twitter.com/RluO0fNK0g
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) May 5, 2014