Mid-American Conference East Division Power Rankings
Here’s how MAC East Division teams rank after the 12th week of the season.
1. Ohio University (8-3, 4-2 MAC) – The Bobcats face Miami of Ohio in a meaningless regular-season finale on Tuesday. The division champions should rest some key players to avoid injuries heading into next week’s league championship.
2. Temple (7-4, 4-3) – The Owls are back on a winning streak. While nice, Temple can’t pat itself on the back. The Owls might have to defeat Kent State Friday to get a bowl invite.
3. Kent State (5-6, 4-3) – Congrats to the Golden Flashes for winning four consecutive games. Now, all Kent State needs is a victory over Temple to become bowl eligible.
4. Miami of Ohio (4-7, 3-4) – Are the RedHawks this season’s biggest disappointment in the MAC? They go from conference champions to failing to qualify for a bowl.
5. Bowling Green (4-7, 2-5) – The Falcons extended their losing streak to three games after letting a victory slip away against Ohio. Bowling Green can end the season on a good note with a victory Friday over Buffalo, though.
6. Buffalo (3-8, 2-5) – The Bulls’ 51-10 victory over Akron was impressive. Tailback Branden Oliver rushed for a career-best 235 yards. Where was the Bulls' offense in other games?
7. Akron (1-10, 0-7) – The Zips will probably lose their 22d MAC game in three seasons on Saturday at Western Michigan. Ouch!