Mid-American Conference East Division Power Rankings
Here’s how MAC East Division teams rank after the 11th week of the season.
1. Ohio University (7-3, 4-2 MAC) – I don’t know if the Bobcats are good enough to win the MAC title. But I expect them to run the table against Bowling Green and Miami of Ohio the next two weeks and win the division title.
2. Temple (6-4, 4-3) – Even though they are bowl eligible for the third consecutive season, the Owls should have a sour taste in their mouths. A BAD loss to Bowling Green and BAD officiating in the loss to Ohio will ultimately cost Temple the MAC East title.
3. Miami of Ohio (4-6, 3-3) – The RedHawks’ bid for bowl eligibility probably took a hit following Wednesday’s 24-21 setback to Temple. Now, the RedHawks must win their final two games. That's unlikely.
4. Kent State (4-6, 3-3) – The Golden Flashes are on a three-game winning streak. But those victories came against struggling programs Bowling Green, Central Michigan and Akron. Expect things to get tougher with upcoming games against Eastern Michigan and Temple.
5. Bowling Green (4-6, 2-4) – It’s hard to believe the Owls lost to this squad. The Falcons lost five of their last six games. Their latest contest – a 45-14 setback to Northern Illinois – was humbling.
6. Buffalo (2-8, 1-5) – The Bulls lost four straight games and seven of their last eight matchups. Well, at least Buffalo can boast beating Ohio.
7. Akron (1-9, 0-6) – The only good thing about the Zips is their practice facility. This team’s struggles are mounting.