Mid-American Conference East Division Power Rankings
Here is how MAC East Division teams rank after the 10th week of the season.
1. Ohio University (6-3, 3-2 MAC) – As the only bowl eligible team in the division, the Bobcats are primed to reach the MAC Championship game. Thursday’s contest against West Division opponent Central Michigan should be a laugher.
2. Temple (5-4, 3-3) – The Owls found a quality quarterback in Chris Coyer. But is it too late? Once considered the class of the division, Temple has lost consecutive division games. Will the skid continue Wednesday night against Miami of Ohio?
3. Miami of Ohio (4-5, 3-2) – The RedHawks are a big unknown. After losing their first four games, they have won four of five. However, those four victories came against teams with a combined 9-27 record. We will see just how competitive the RedHawks against Temple.
4. Kent State (3-6, 2-3) – Don’t look now, but the Golden Flashes are on a winning streak. Finally scoring points, Kent State posted victories over Bowling Green and Central Michigan. Expect the Golden Flashes to win their third straight against Akron on Saturday.
5. Bowling Green (4-5, 2-3) – The Falcons were off last week. But the rest probably won’t help Bowling Green become bowl eligible. The Falcons have lost four of their last five contests. And don’t expect them to win their next two contests against Northern Illinois (Tuesday) and Ohio (Nov. 16).
6. Buffalo (2-7, 1-4) – The Bulls have lost three straight games and six of their last seven matchups. Well, at least Buffalo has been consistent.
7. Akron (1-8, 0-5) – The Zips have yet to beat a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent in what has been another lackluster season. Don’t worry Akron fans. There are only three more games left in the Zips’ season.