Mid-American Conference East Division Power Rankings: Week 9
A week ago, Temple was the class of the Mid-American Conference East Division. These days, the Owls they fell one spot to Bowling Green. No longer invincible, Temple must find a passing game if it expects to contend for a title.
Here’s a look at my power rankings:
1. Bowling Green (4-4, 2-2 MAC) – The Falcons are the only team without a loss to a division opponent. And don’t look for them to lose this weekend to struggling Kent State. Bowling Green takes a 55-17-6 series advantage into that game.
2. Temple (5-3, 3-2) – The Owls lost their Mojo in Saturday’s 13-10 setback to Bowling Green. But they still have a shot to win out and make the MAC championship game if things fall their way.
3. Buffalo (2-6, 1-3) – The Bulls have lost five of their last six games. But they stay here, because that one victory came over Ohio University and they took Northern Illinois to the wire.
4. Ohio University (5-3, 2-2) – The Bobcats could put a Band-Aid on what has been a disappointing season with a victory over Temple on Wednesday. It would also mark the first time Ohio has won consecutive games since starting the season 3-0.
5. Miami of Ohio (2-5, 1-2) – It’s hard to believe that the RedHawks went from last season’s MAC champion to having a tough time posting a four-win season. Of the remaining five teams on their schedule, Akron is the only one they’re favored to beat.
6. Kent State (1-6, 0-3) – The Golden Flashes were off last week and get Bowling Green on Saturday. They can expect to extend their losing streak to four games even with the extra time to prepare.
7. Akron (1-6, 0-3) – Things are far from enjoyable for the Zips. Akron’s lone victory came against a 1-6 Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) opponent in Virginia Military Institute.