Mid-American Conference East Division Power Rankings
Here’s a glimpse at the MAC East Division power rankings heading into the 10th week of the season.
1. Temple (5-3, 3-2) – Despite being off on Saturday, the Owls regained control of their own destiny and moved back into the top spot after Kent State beat previous No. 1 Bowling Green. Temple travels to Ohio University on Wednesday for a game with huge division title implications.
2. Ohio University (5-3, 2-2) – With a 10-day break, the Bobcats took care of their nicks and bruises. Now, Ohio, which moved up two spots, could stand in the way of Temple’s first outright division title. That’s a huge difference from a couple of weeks ago when this team looked lost.
3. Bowling Green (4-5, 2-3 MAC) – I gave the Falcons major props last week for beating Temple. What was I thinking? Now, this team is fortunate to only drop two spots after losing to struggling Kent State.
4. Miami of Ohio (3-5, 2-2) – The RedHawks had a huge homecoming win over Buffalo. But who hasn’t a posted huge win over the Bulls? Expect Miami of Ohio to record another blowout victory on Thursday against Akron.
5. Kent State (2-6, 1-3) – Oh, smack. The Golden Flashes scored more than 10 points in a game. Kent State scored a season-high 27 in a 12-point upset over Bowling Green Saturday. Can the Golden Flashes keep up their scoring ways?
6. Buffalo (2-7, 1-4) – The Bulls were the talk of the MAC after upsetting Ohio on Oct. 8. Three consecutive losses later, no one is talking about Buffalo. The Bulls have given up an average of 36.8 points in the last five games.
7. Akron (1-7, 0-4) – Another game, another loss for the Zips. Akron takes a four-game losing streak into Thursday’s at Miami of Ohio. They’ll have a five-game losing streak late Thursday night.