The mother of three, PTO organizers Dana Ott and Meghan Johnson, as well as other PTO members helped set up tables throughout the house at 804 Maple Glen Lane in Wayne, also offering everyone coffee as vendors laid out their elaborate items for the elementary school’s first-ever Holiday Shopping Extravaganza.
“I love Dana and Meghan and they asked if we could hold the fundraiser at my house,” Herrmann said. “My twins have had the most wonderful experience at Wayne [Elementary School], so to do something like this seemed like a no-brainer.”
The one-day Holiday Shopping Extravaganza allows community members in search of unique and one-of-a-kind holiday gifts for their loved ones two opportunities to shop at Herrmann’s house. The first opportunity started at 9 a.m. and ends at noon, while the second goes from 7 to 9 p.m.
“We were looking for different ways to raise money for the school, and we wound up with a tremendous interest from vendors,” Ott said. “We had so many vendors interested that we had to start a waitlist.”
Ott said a portion of all 19 vendors’ sales would go toward the elementary school.
In addition to shopping at Herrmann’s house, Ott said that Radnor Township’s Anthony Coal Fired Pizza and Great Harvest Bread Company will donate a percentage of all orders to the elementary school if “WES” is mentioned when patrons dine in or take out Dec. 13.
The following vendors are showcasing items for holiday shoppers:
- All Things Belle by Beth Bell
- Beer Jobber by Kristin Nevins
- Children are the Greatest Charity by Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Pearl Calica
- Creative Memories by Annie Webb
- Glittersweet by Jodi Warren
- Gracelina by Kathy Moore and Gloria Pollack
- Homemade Toffee by Ann Gilligan
- Keep it Simple Cookies by Jill Fay
- Free coupons from Main Line Neighbor
- Monogrammed Pajamas & Gifts by Suzanne Bransome
- One of a Kind Vintage Inspired Jewelry by Jen Bonner
- Pampered Chef by Jan Ammendola
- Print Art Kids by Abbe Lunger
- Snapparel by Scott Daiutolo
- The Ellie Rose by Saunde Briggs
- VZ Wraps by Isabelle Vesey
- Thirty-One Gifts by Chrissy DiOrio and Jacquelyne Brennan
“Hopefully it’ll be a great success so we can continue it next year,” organizer Johnson said.
For more photographs of the items vendors are showcasing, check out this photo gallery.