0 CommentsThis week one of our alternates, Jan Fuentes, was able to join us as one of our usual students could not make it. The team welcomed Jan in... Read more
0 CommentsDaniel Feldman is a music teacher and an avid cook. Just as he wants kids to explore the sounds all around them in music class, he wants them... Read more
0 CommentsOur girls all began the session with very strong opinions about the food we were making. Lee’Asia Ortiz stating “I don’t... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.