0 CommentsFor once, the kids were not grimacing about what we were making at the after-school cooking class. They were actually excited about our supper:... Read more
0 CommentsThe first meeting of the MDK Clean Plate Club met this week. There was not one morsel of tuna or bean left on our plates — and that... Read more
0 CommentsThis week at Philadelphia Montessori Charter School we made Tuna Patties and Roasted Green Beans. The kids were all very excited for this... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.