0 CommentsThe kids were all excited to share that every week many of them have been going home and making the recipes for their family, Viviene even... Read more
0 CommentsThe students were told that, when shopping, there are lots of choices you can make. If a recipe calls for peppers, you can buy them in a... Read more
0 CommentsNow that we have finished week 4 (really?), we can definitely see a difference in the children's kitchen skills from week 1. When they walked... Read more
0 CommentsStuffed peppers and cabbage slaw was a favorite to these chefs from Bayard Taylor. Chopping, mincing, slicing, dicing and grating skills were... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.