0 CommentsHi from Prince Hall. We had a great cooking class with the kids. Everyone loved preparing all the vegetables to go with the tortellini. We... Read more
0 CommentsIt only the second week of MDK and Marianna A. V. Barbera wrote , " My Daughter's Kitchen is like a family." We are, a family of budding chefs... Read more
0 CommentsMost of the children had never tasted tortellini and didn't know that it was also stuffed with cheese - a pleasant surprise. They also enjoyed... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.