0 CommentsThis week’s menu of tortellini vegetable salad offered lots of opportunity to work with kitchen implements. Everyone learned safe... Read more
0 CommentsOur 2nd class started with a joke by Nadya Davis: Nadia: “Knock, knock.” Us: “Who’s there?” Nadya: “Lettuce... Read more
0 CommentsOur girls took to cooking like ducks to water! They were so excited to get started. One of them was in a very bad car accident just a few weeks... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.