Makes 12 muffins
1½ cups grated zucchini (about 2 small)
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 small)
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup oatmeal
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3⁄4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
½ cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter, vegetable oil, or cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for five minutes. Remove from muffin tin and serve.
- Adapted from "Martha Stewart Everyday"
187 calories, 5 grams fat, 16 milligrams cholesterol, 330 milligrams sodium, 32
carbohydrates, 2 grams dietary fiber, 13 grams sugar, 6 grams protein.