Makes 16 biscuits with strawberry topping
For the topping:
2 pints strawberries
1 tablespoon sugar
8 ounces vanilla yogurt
For the biscuits:
11/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons cold butter
3/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash, hull, and slice the strawberries. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Set aside.
3. Stir together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Cut the butter into small pieces. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and then rub and combine the butter into the flour with your fingers until the butter is the size of small peas.
5. Lightly stir in the milk until the mixture just comes together in a slightly sticky, shaggy dough.
6. Using a spoon, place walnut-size balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake the biscuits until golden brown, about 15 to 17 minutes.
8. Let cool and then slice in half.
9. To serve, spoon strawberry mixture over each half and top with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving: 120 calories, 3 grams protein, 181 grams potassium, 5 grams sugar, 5 grams fat, 13 milligarms cholesterol, 78 milligrams sodium, 1 gram dietary fiber.