Makes 6 Servings
For the salad:
Spring mix or other salad greens, about 12 to 16 ounces
Your choice of two or three vegetables, such as grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, scallions, carrots, celery
For the vinaigrette:
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt
½ cup olive oil
1. For the salad: Wash and chop the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
2. If not prewashed, wash and dry the spring mix. (Best to get prewashed.)
3. For the vinaigrette: Measure mustard into a liquid measuring cup or small bowl.
4. Whisk in the vinegar. Stir in sugar and salt.
5. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, stirring until the dressing emulsifies and thickens.
6. To build your salad: Top spring mix with chopped vegetables. Drizzle lightly with dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 182 calories, 16 g fat, no cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 8 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 3 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber