0 CommentsThe students were excited to be preparing for guests today. They chose to repeat the herbed drumsticks, slaw and carrot cake for the menu.... Read more
0 CommentsAs we gathered for our final cooking assignment, the girls chatted excitedly about who was joining us for dinner that afternoon. They were... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.