0 CommentsWe somehow went from "this smells like someone is flat ironing their hair" to "this is delicious!" There were lots of firsts today - especially... Read more
0 CommentsThe tacos and the zucchini fries were a big hit. Everyone agreed that the zucchini fries were just as good as regular fries and more healthy... Read more
0 CommentsThe turkey tacos with zucchini fries were a big success. "This is probably one of my favorite foods we have prepared. The tacos had turkey... Read more
0 CommentsThe thought of tacos had everyone excited. The Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini, not so much! The day had finally arrived when we would be having... Read more
0 CommentsThis week’s recipe was not a very big hit with our junior chefs who asked for hot sauce and more seasoning when they sat down to eat... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.