0 CommentsThis week, we had to make a substitution in the recipe. Our grocery store was out of string beans so we purchased asparagus and pea pods instead... Read more
0 CommentsOur group of girls rocked out the beef stir fry. We talked about quinoa and how it is different from rice and how it is from Ecuador. We also... Read more
0 CommentsAleena Swittenburg stated she did "not like cooked red peppers, only raw ones." However, she and Ashley Marin were happy to core and slice... Read more
0 CommentsWhile all agreed the Beef Stir-Fry was a very tasty dish, everyone suggested ways to make it even better. Ideas included using chicken,... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Eighty volunteers are teaching 40 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.