0 CommentsThis week at Philadelphia Montessori Charter School we made Tuna Patties and Roasted Green Beans. The kids were all very excited for this... Read more
0 CommentsExpectations were low for this week's recipe. Four out of the five chefs admitted to not liking fish. Some claimed that they had never had... Read more
0 CommentsThe junior chefs entered the kitchen and couldn’t wait to learn all of the new cooking skills coming their way. Lea Schwegel expertly... Read more
0 CommentsTalk about clean plates. Our group devoured the tuna patties and green beans — the first time that there were no leftovers to take home... Read more
0 CommentsThis week’s recipe, Tuna Patties, is new for everyone, including Susan Munafo & Jane Pupis. We are also using the suggested changes... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.