0 CommentsWe had a wonderful time this week making the Bolognese and salad. The kids loved how all the ingredients came together. At first the mushrooms... Read more
0 CommentsStudents were working at staying positive about the mushrooms which they had never tasted before but their doubts were still apparent... Read more
0 Comments"Why do we use the water from the spaghetti?" asked Nylah Williams. "Who has made flour and water into paste?" I asked. All hands... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.