0 CommentsOur first week was full of fun and new experiences for the students. We decided to kick off our cooking adventure by working as one big group... Read more
0 CommentsFrom introductions to the last clean dish, Visitation BVM students showed their determination to learn and work at the first meeting of MDK’s... Read more
0 CommentsI knew cooking with medical students was going to be worlds apart from teaching 10-year-olds, but I hadn't thought about how it would be the... Read more
0 CommentsWe're back in the kitchen! This week, 70 volunteers will be firing up stoves in 35 schools across the region to teach more than 180 students... Read more
0 CommentsOur young chefs at Philadelphia Montessori Charter School chose turkey sloppy joes, curdité with ranch dressing, and strawberry shortcake... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.