0 CommentsWhat a world of difference in the confidence level of the kids in week 7 compared to week 1. They walk into the kitchen and immediately want... Read more
0 CommentsIt was a mystery. Where were the strawberries disappearing to? There was just a full container and now several were missing……hmmm... Read more
0 CommentsChop, chop, chop! Lots of preparation today with one sub and one former student. Fortunately, by this time, everybody was ready to work quickly... Read more
0 CommentsRecipes for week 7’s main dish and dessert got our chicken-loving, sweet-toothed group very excited. Moroccan Chicken Couscous introduced... Read more
0 CommentsThis recipe was the most challenging and the best received; a unanimous decision to make again for our family dinner and last class. As we... Read more
0 CommentsThis week at Chester Eastside it was all about teamwork and cooperation. Our chefs worked together as never before to make sure that both... Read more
- The mission. To teach schoolchildren to cook healthy, easy meals on a budget.
- The reach. Seventy volunteers are teaching 35 classes in Philadelphia and Camden, with intent to expand.
- The partner. Vetri Community Partnership shares the goal of encouraging healthy eating for children.
- To support. Send donations to Vetri Community Partnership, 211 N. 13th St., Suite 303, Philadelphia 19107; note “My Daughter’s Kitchen” or go to vetricommunity.org.
- To participate. Submit recipes to be considered: Simple, 500-calorie, nutritious meals, prepared in under an hour, for $20 or less for six servings. Send recipes to Food@philly.com.