Day 2 thoughts:
* Where do we begin? How about the Nate Allen pick? Over 7,000 of you stopped by in our live chat tonight, and almost 90 percent of you approved of this selection. On their current roster, the Eagles have the following players listed as safeties: Quintin Mikell, Allen, Quintin Demps, Marlin Jackson and Macho Harris. It would seem very unlikely that it stays that way. Andy Reid said tonight that Allen could also play corner. We know that Harris played corner in college, and Jackson has NFL experience there. We'll see what direction Reid and Sean McDermott go with those guys.
* The Eagles moved from No. 55 to No. 59 in a trade with the Cowboys. They then went from 59 to 71 in a deal with the Browns. At that point, I made what I thought was a bold prediction, saying the Eagles would actually make a pick at No. 71. I was wrong. They traded down once again, picking up the 86th pick from the Packers. That's where they took Washington defensive end Daniel Te'o-Nesheim.
In his series with the Daily News, NFL Network's Mike Mayock had Te'o-Nesheim listed as a sleeper:
A 4-3 end /outside linebacker. He's a hustle guy. A core special-teams guy. I think it's going to be difficult to cut him because he works so hard. He's a little quicker than people think. I think he's a good player and makes a team.
However, that can be a little misleading. Mayock had him projected as a sixth- or seventh-round pick. He was saying that Te'o-Nesheim would surprise some people by making a roster. Expectations are different when a guy is taken in the third round. With four fourth-round picks, it's fair to wonder whether Te'o-Nesheim would have been there for the Eagles on Saturday.
* Speaking of those four fourth-rounders, here is a run-down of the team's remaining picks: 4th (105, 121, 122, 125), 5th (134, 146), 6th (200), 7th (243, 244).
Nine more picks. Don't be surprised to see the Eagles involved in some more trades on Saturday. There just aren't enough roster spots to keep all these guys.
* Anyone hear Reid getting heckled by Eagles fans during his ESPN2 TV appearance? They were yelling at him to run the ball, and it was easily heard during the broadcast. If anyone's put this on YouTube, please share.
* Looking ahead to the third and final day, expect at least a couple offensive linemen to be added. And we could see picks at quarterback and wide receiver. A linebacker wouldn't be a surprise either.
* We'll do it all again with a live chat starting at 10 a.m.
Become a fan of Moving the Chains on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.